Thursday, August 28, 2014

August 25-28, 2014

We had a busy week full of fun activities. We drew and painted our self-portraits, made our place mats and sit upons, counting the letters in our and our friends names, and the most special thing was we made our name cookies. The kids enjoyed every step we did to make our name cookies like measuring the ingredients, mixing them, kneading the dough, shaping the dough, then choosing the right alphabet cookie cutter of the first letter of their names. We had a blast!


Please check out this article about the importance of cooking with kids by stephanie Gallagher.

http://kidscooking.about.com/od/howtocook/a/top10kidscookin.htm

I have two eyes, one nose, one mouth and two ears.

I love rainbow colors.

It's fun to paint with my friends.

We used some toothbrushes to paint our place mats.

Serious painters.

We need three cups of flour.

We'll hold the bowl for you, Ms. Liest.

I know the first letter in my name.

Fresh from the oven.

Dancing in the rain.

1 comment:

  1. amazing photos and enjoyable activites, I can tell how excited and happy Aya was. she loves to cook. She is my kitchen partner ..yumy yumy cookies

    ReplyDelete