Saturday, December 6, 2014

December 1-5, 2014





Welcome to December. Have you check your have to do list in 2014? I've checked mine and happily ticked some off my list, especially the ones related to students progress in the class. Your kids have made it easier for me by trying their best to be good listeners and good friends to each other. I can't thank you enough for sharing your wonderful kids with me.

We learned a lot about our body parts this week. The kids know most of their body parts which helped a lot in doing all the activities this week. Their most favorite activity this week was cooking vegetable soup, then having it for lunch. They are getting better at using knives and chopping all the vegetables. They really like the vegetable soup and some of them even went for their second and third bowl of soup.

I have a very big mouth on my face

I keep rolling and rolling snakes for the boy's body parts

Wiggle and Giggle game is fun! Although it's very hard to
balance the ball while doing some tricky moves.

I cut the head, the arms, the legs...

I put all the pieces back together by myself!

Ms. Liest has bigger foot than Dono

Can you count my fingers?

I can count fingers!

Washing vegetables before chopping them

We chopped all the vegetables carefully

We pour some water to the pot

Yummy warm soup in my tummy


Although we didn't participate actively in the Friendship Games, we were just as excited as those who did it. We prepared the signs and cheered as loud as we can from the sidelines. The next day, Ms. S was so nice letting us experienced the real Friendship Games in adjusted version.

Painting the sign for Friendship Games

Cheering the big kids from the sidelines

Getting ready for our mini Friendship Games

Listening carefully to Ms. S' instruction

Ready... Set... Go...


We also took part in PRIS 1000 paper cranes project. Ms. Craig came to our class with a gigantic white paper crane to show some steps needed in making paper crane. We managed to do 3 out of many steps needed to do that.




We started our book share activity yesterday. It's great how some kids could sit nicely and listened attentively when their classmate shared his or her favorite books. Thank you Dono for sharing The Way Back Home, Chaise for sharing Disney Bedtime Stories, and Camilla for sharing the clock book in Russian ;) It shows how language using in the book doesn't really play important role in our class book share. The pictures and the sharing are the two most important things. We share everything in Pre-K 3 class.



No comments:

Post a Comment